Today, July 28, is World Nature Conservation Day. So this is the theme I chose for today.
The overexploitation of natural resources, such as water, the soil and the forests is causing the destruction of Nature, as well as some considerable damage to the landscape. This contributes towards the rapid extinction of some species.
Considering the growth of the world population, only a sustainable exploitation of all resources that are crucial to meet the basic human needs, and to the economy, can ensure a good quality of life to the population, and to keep the economic activity and ecosystems thriving. In a word, looking after nature is the human beings’ responsibility.
If you are going for a walk amongst nature, here are some tips to follow:
- No not dispose of waste in nature. Put your food inside reusable plastic bags
- Avoid taking cans or glass bottles with you
- Always take your waste back home and if possible collect any waste you may find in your way
- Camp away from water springs
- Avoid places with a low environmental impact to promote their recovery
- Refrain activity in places with native vegetation
- Choose designated camping locations
- Stay in a line when hiking so as to avoid widening the path
- Do not cut through the vegetation
- Treat nature with respect. If you like flowers, leave them alone to embellish the landscape
- No not touch objects of an historic or archaeological interest
- Making a fire can cause a huge impact in nature
The preservation of the environment is the subject of much discussion, once natural resources are of capital importance to human life. Nonetheless, there are people who are not aware of this concept. Some of these people even contribute towards destroying nature, with all its crucial resources.
Despite World Nature Conservation Day being only today, it is very important that everyone works to protect nature every day.
If we destroy nature, we will be destroying our quality of life as a consequence.
If you enjoy having a quality of life, if you care after your family and yourself, protect nature, one of the world’s most beautiful assets.
BE GREEN… BE DIFFERENT 🙂